Skills and drills, plus some cadence practice. Bring a metronome (or phone/iPod with an app on it). Good day for headphones!
3-5 x 800m run with set cadence
- Raise the cadence by 1-3 bpm (per leg, 2-6 if you’re using a beat per side) every interval
- Focus on position and cadence
- If your form is falling apart or you’re getting way slower, finish that interval and call it. Do at least 3!
- Rest 4 minutes between intervals
If it’s supposed to be a rest day:
- Recovery row and mobility or… go for a mild hike with friends and family!
- Pigeon-pose both narrow and wide angled each side before you leave the box…
If this is a full workout day:
- 6 burpees
- 12 KB Swings (70/53)